I love wrapping gifts. I knew my friends Sara and Scott had done lots of shopping, so I volunteered to wrap some of their gifts for them. In exchange they treated me to dinner! Of course, I don’t use store bought ribbon, wrapping paper, or even tape! When I told Sara I was going to wrap her presents in the shopping bags they came in, she was a bit skeptical.
I’ll show you four ways to wrap all your gifts without spending more money on wrapping supplies. Your gifts will look great and you’ll save money!
- Wrapping tubular gifts with paper bags
- Wrapping with plastic bags
- Wrapping with paper bags with plastic cord
- Wrapping irregular shaped gifts by pleating plastic bags
- pair of scissors
- clothes iron
- 1 sheet of copy or parchment paper
- paper or plastic shopping bags
Some of the methods will work with plastic fusing. For details on how to fuse plastic bags check out my tutorial “HOW TO fuse plastic bags“.