Wrapping tubular gifts with paper bags
This works great for articles of clothing.
- If you are wrapping clothes, roll it up. Otherwise your gift should be tubular shaped.
- Cut open your paper bag.
- If paper bag doesn’t have handles cut one long strip for ribbon.
- Cut the paper sheet to size, leaving extra room on both sides of paper that is at least half the diameter of the gift.
- Remove the handles.
- Carefully unfurl one handle to make a ribbon.
- Roll the gift in the paper.
- Tie the ribbon around the tube to secure the paper.
- Cut the the ends of the ribbon to make a bow
- Tuck the ends of the paper inwards.
One Relevé Design fan, Jolyn, tried out the rolled technique with a manilla envelope and a handle from another shopping bag to wrap her husband’s sweater. The envelop wasn’t wide enough to completely enclose the ends. She stood it up on it’s end and stuck a Santa hat on it. Now that’s thinking on your toes! Great job, Jolyn!