Here’s my first videoƒ tutorial! In it I show you a quick and super easy way to give your well-loved button-up shirt a second life as a comfy throw pillow. I hope you like it. Now go make some throw pillows!
- dress shirt
- pillow or pillow insert
It should be slightly smaller than your shirt.
- pencil or chalk
- sewing machine or sewing needle
- Button up shirt around your pillow
- Position your pillow on the shirt
- Mark up your shirt
- Pin your shirt and cut out the sham
- Sew all the open edges
- Finally, unpin, unbutton, stuff the sham, and rebutton the sham
- You can also use women’s blouses. Try large, bright prints and different fabrics that can complement your specific decor.
- Bey, an artist from Barcelona, says the button side of the pillow may be a little uncomfortable, but all you have to do is turn the pillow over. The buttons make it easy to change the cover whenever you want.